Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Movie Night **LA Confidential**



As mentioned in the previous Movie Night post on Mulholland Falls, I decided to rent LA Confidential from Netflix. I watched it Thursday night. I didn't have high expectations b/c as it was suppose to be a similar plot to Mulholland Falls. That being said, I enjoyed the movie.

As usual I loved the wardrobe and hairstyles. I wish the women in the film (like Basinger) has more screen time. In a nutshell, it is basically about corruption within the LAPD in the 1950s. The movie can be hard to follow as there are several characters and story lines going on within the movie at least for me (yes, I know...I am lame). I really liked Kevin Spacey and Kim Basinger's characters. Basinger played a Veronica Lake look-a-like call girl. I really LOVED her hair!


Just some fun tidbits... In Mulholland Falls, William Peterson (Grissom in CSI) plays a bad guy while in LA Confidential Paul Guilfoyle (Captain Brass in CSI) plays the bad guy.

Looking for movie pics, I came across this website: AMC's Best Neo-Noir Films...may be worth checking out!

BTW, I still prefer Mulholland Falls over LA Confidential, but I definatly recommend watching it...just keep-up with who's who!

No comments: