Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Movie Night: The Last of the Blonde Bombshells





Basically this is a movie about an older woman getting in touch with her past as she was a saxophone (I believe) player in the 40's in a group called the Blonde Bombshells after she loses her husband. She meets a young guitarist and slowly begins playing again. She soon discovers that she would like to reunite with members of the old band...and the story goes from there.

The victory rolls in the film were my first introduction to them, and I was in awe. One of the 'ladies' in the film has an amazing Betty Grable up-do.
Now I just adore Judi Dench! She is the sweetest actress, and I wish I had someone like her as a grandma or just knew her.


You can actually watch it on youtube. This is part 1 of 7...just click on the next part on the right hand side. If you are unsure about watching the entire movie, just watch the first part (9.52 minutes, and I 'll bet you will stay to watch the rest!).



On a side note (I am not sure if this is still playing), in the UK there is (was?) The Blonde Bombshells of 1943 in theatre. Though the pics of the performers (on the link) look more like 80's hair/costume, it may be worth checking out!


More Pics...


No comments: