Saturday, December 12, 2009

Viva Vintage: Find It, Wear It, Love It!



I recently picked up this book, and thought I would give my thoughts on it.

This looks like a great book for someone (like me) just getting into the vintage scene or looking to jazz up their life with some frills (also, like me). One of my favorite things be it blogs, books, etc... is visuals, especially pretty pictures (which is why I add so many). This book has several real-life pictures (not ONLY cartoons) of vintage styles by decades (20s-80s, but NOT in great detail...just a brief review) which I found helpful for being able to mildly distinguish between eras (I can already do this to a degree).

This book is no way intended for vintage guru's (though they may enjoy reading it), as much as it is intended for those who are interested in starting to dress vintage or incorporate a little bit of vintage aesthetics in their current wardrobe.

It does contain helpful links to vintage shops and websites, and it also contains brief info on becoming a vintage seller.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Just wanted to let you know that i gave you an award!!
Hugs